Friday, September 10, 2010

Inspiration

I admit it. This blog did not get off to a very good start. It just was not a priority in my life. I have been so busy concentrating on the writing that brings in the money that I have pretty much let everything else get pushed to the side. Instead of expanding my business and my blog I have been caught in the trap of working constantly. I soon found that writing was now a job rather than something I loved to do.

Then, while researching something else, I stumbled across this and it was my wakeup call. If foul language offends you, do not read that blog! But if you can handle a few F bombs, I highly recommend it. This blogger gave me the slap that I needed. Writing is what I do, by necessity rather than choice. It is not a career choice for me, it is a passion. But it is fast becoming a job that I dreaded going to each day.

So today, it changes. I created a new blog for potential clients that will show samples of my work, etc....when I finish it. Which will be before Monday, barring any unforseen events beyond my control. And I will spend more time on my fiction writing, I miss my book. I miss my grouchy private detective in my short stories. I miss writing for the enjoyment of it rather than the deposits in the bank account!

On the personal front, things are going well. Yesterday was hubbys last day of school and he has job offers already! I'm proud of him, but dreading the day when he has to be gone for days or weeks at a time, leaving me seriously outnumbered!

My oldest child turned 16 yesterday, which brings on a ton of mixed emotions for me. I am so proud of the young woman she has become. She is one of those rare people who is so caring and kind that she just radiates goodness. She is consistently kind to every person or animal she encounters and everyone who knows her treasures her. Not to mention, she is drop dead beautiful...I really need to buy more bullets! But I cannot possibly be old enough to have a child who is old enough to drive! There is no way. What happened to that tiny little nearly bald baby girl that was just born? Has it really been 16 years??

Okay, enough rambling...I am off to work on my new blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment