Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Expanding my horizons

My agenda for the last week, other than writing every article possible for my existing clients, has been to gather more clients. I firmly believe that you can never have to many eggs in your basket and my basket was looking rather slim. This way, when one client doesn't have anything available that I want to write, I have other places to turn to. And since Demand Studios has been really bad about getting articles edited so I can get paid, I definitely need other options!

So I have applied to various other online content companies, as well as sending out resumes and writing samples to private clients found on craigslist and freelance writing sites. So far I was accepted to Bright Hub and Internet Brands. I am having issues with BH since I signed the contracts and then apparently got lost in the shuffle because I never heard anything else! I emailed them, but still no reply a week later, so I just don't know what to think! Just sent in the contracts for IB so hopefully I will get started with them soon.

I also got partially finished with my new blog. It is for clients to view some of my work and find out about my rates, etc. It isn't finished, but it will be soon!

What do you do to try to fill your basket with eggs? What companies would you recommend to other writers looking for more work? I want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment