Friday, June 10, 2011

Date Night! And Swagbucks :)

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what to blog about today. And I finally figured out it was because in a few short hours, my mother in law is coming to get the little ones and it is date night for the parents! I am to happy about that to think about anything else. :)

Date night is rare around here. For one thing, the hubby is back at work and once again only home on weekends. For another, I like my kids with me, and don't really care to ship them off to Nana or anyone else over night. But, with my stress level sky high, and with his new job a perfect reason to celebrate, it's past due. He won't be home until around 8 tonight though, so our choices are limited. But I know that whether it's a late movie, or just sitting around talking, it will be a wonderful night!

One thing I did think about today was Swagbucks. If you aren't already familiar with Swagbucks, it is a search engine with a twist. When you search something on the site, you can win points. These points can then be used to buy all sorts of things. My favorites are the Amazon gift cards, they came in quite handy last Christmas! And when you sign up, you get 30 Swagbucks! And, today is Mega Swagbucks day, which means the prizes are even bigger!

Ok, off to get ready for date night! If anyone has any suggestions for a good date later in the evening in a small town with nothing in it, let me know! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hello Parents -

    Alright Kudos for a date on the town together. I can understand your attachment with your children and fret about them going away overnight. But you know, the kids need these moments with the grandparents as much as you need your personal moments as a duo. Play happily and laugh a lot. Go see some new fun things and kiss a little bit more than usual underneath a park bench tree. Enjoy and smile a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A+ for the date night. We don't get many around here either so when we do, sometimes we go out, sometimes we just stay home and watch Netflix or something.

    I love Swagbucks. I like trading mine in for paypal cash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Swagbucks! I've probably cashed out about 15 times already. Those $5 Amazon codes really come in handy. I always intend to save them up for Christmas, but I'm never able to hang onto them for that long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swagbucks rules! I always go for the Amazon gift cards too, because they seem to be the best value for your bucks.

    ReplyDelete