Friday, April 1, 2011

Accountability

I don't know about the rest of you, but I need accountability to accomplish everything I need to do in a day! Being held accountable for bills and having extra money to make sure my little munchkins enjoy their childhood keeps me writing everyday.

This month, I have joined two different blog challenges in order to help myself stay accountable for blogging each day. The first one, Ultimate Blog Challenge, requires me to post 30 times in the month of April. I can choose to do it by posting once per day, or do several posts in one day. I have done this challenge before, but fell slightly short of the quota.

The second challenge, A to Z Challenge, requires 26 posts. That is one post for each letter of the alphabet, hence today's post which is brought to you by the letter A. Excuse the Sesame Street flashbacks, I do have five children! ;)

I am hoping for two things from both of these challenges. My main priority is to develop a habit of posting daily that will stick with me after the challenge is over. I have a lot to say, I just don't always find the time to sit down and say it!

My second goal is to bring more readers to this blog, since there is little sense in saying what I have to say if no one is listening! And in the process, I will find many other blogs to feed my daily reading addiction. My favorite part of blogging is definitely checking out the blogs that my readers have!

Hopefully, by the end of the month I will have spectacular results to report. And if not, I will have fun trying! Anyone care to join me?






13 comments:

  1. Accountability is big for me too. Unfortunately, it's even harder when you're a single parent. That's why I'm glad for blog challenges. Thanks for sharing the A-Z one with me - I didn't even know about it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine being a single parent would make it even more challenging! I am a weekday single parent, or was one before my hubby gave himself an extended vacation by flipping his semi. Even knowing that a few days a month I would have help, it was still hard to accomplish everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow two challenges at the same time! I admire your dedication. As you've rightly said being accountable helps one to stay on track. I look forward to your A-Z challenge and shall be visiting your blog to see how you're getting on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can 100% agree with you about your purposes for doing the challenges I too am in the process of 2 challenges only one of them involves a lot of reading. I think having something to motivate you can help you do a lot of things in life. Sometimes it is that lack of accountability or lack of passion about things in life that allows us to slack off. Hopefully these challenges will help encourage you to write.

    good luck,
    Teresa

    http://icecoldpenguin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go, Carrie! I wish you the best results. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun. I have never done the A-Z challenge before. I have done the UBC in the past and I am doing it again. What I do is write a few posts at a time and schedule them, that way I only have one post per day and readers don't get bogged down.

    Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ang. challenged me to do the Ultimate Blog Challenge and it SMACKED of a dare.

    So, I did. So far, I think I'm the only one that uses swears in their blog. XP

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Sesame Street reference made me giggle. :)

    I'm a big fan of accountability, too. I love blog challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am also doing the A to Z with an eye toward making myself accountable for writing every day. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Sesame Street through-back.LOL I like your plan but you might end up with the same problem I have..Reading blogs till the early hours.

    Good luck with both challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am doing three challenges this month and I think I have lost my mind to add more things to my to-do list, lol. Have you heard about the Hubpages writing contest? I am doing that along with the Ultimate Blog Challenge and the A-Z Blog Challenge.

    Accountability is something I have to have too or I will sleep in every day and not get any work done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard about a hubpages challenge! I am off to look for it now though! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete