Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Educator.com Review

I was given a month trial to Educator.com by using the program at Bzzagent. I thought it would be an excellent resource to have on hand to help with homework or extra studying when needed. And since the Bzzagent site is intended to get the word out about products and services, I thought I would review the site here.

I have to admit, I was not overly thrilled with it. The monthly price was a bit of a shocker at $35 for one month. I am sure that is comparably inexpensive compared to hiring a tutor, but there are so many free resources on the net that help with the same things. The lessons were very well done, and showed how to do the work by breaking it down in to small steps, which I thought was wonderful. However, there were no worksheets or practice tests to ensure that you grasped the concept. Personally, I have found that my children learn best by doing things hands on, and that is not possible with no practice work available.

I would not pay that amount each month to use the program, but feel free to check it out for yourself. Use the code BUZZFA626 to check out www.educator.com for free!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry it did not work out. There are only a couple of sites I have seen that are worth paying a fee/membership to access their resources and only then if you are going to be a heavy user. Most of those were less expensive than this one.

    There are lots of wonderful free ed resources available depending on what you are in need of assistance with helping your child learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They offered this to me, I said no thank you. I am a college student and the 6yr old is only here on weekends! Thank you for being honest about yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's interested that you got to at least try it out through Bzzagent for free. I too am a big fan of practice tests. In fact, I'm hoping to have my daughter start taking CLEPs this summer (she's about to enter 9th grade).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the honest review.

    ReplyDelete